SAIA STUDY-AID FOR SACAP PPE – 17 SEPTEMBER 2014
The SAIA Study-Aid for the September 2014 SACAP PPE is now available.
A material amendment to this edition of the Study-Aid is that the guide to the functions, duties and responsibilities of a Principal Agent now addresses the JBCC Principal Building Agreement Edition 6.1 of March 2014.
The Study-Aid is available from SAIA directly or from SAIA Regional Institute (FSIA @ 051-447 4909 / firstname.lastname@example.org) offices. Please check stock directly with the Regional Office.
The price of the Study-Aid is:
- SAIA Members: R456,00 (incl. VAT)
- Non-SAIA Members: R627,00 (incl. VAT)
Cost of packaging and posting or courier is extra.
One of the benefits of being a member of a Regional Institute is that you can take out Professional Indemnity through APIGIS, which is managed by PI Financial Risk Services.
You may be asking yourself “What makes APIGIS different to the other PI Facilities advertised and which are available today”? Herewith a brief outline of some of the individual benefits APIGIS entitles you to:
1. Run-Off Cover: This is typically required when a practitioner retires. For those members who have been insured through APIGIS for the preceding 3 years, the scheme will contribute 50% towards the minimum cover premium for the 2nd and 3rd years. However it remains the practitioner’s responsibility to claim the amount from APIGIS.
2. Contribution to Excess Payments in the event of a Claim: Should an excess be payable, the APIGIS Trust will under certain good housekeeping conditions, contribute 50% of the payment (up to R25 000.00) if the practice is insured with APIGIS. It once again, remains the practitioner’s responsibility to claim the amount from APIGIS.
3. Legal Advice: Pertinent and Limited Legal Advice is available to members via the Scheme Managers.
In closing, APIGIS is a scheme arranged by architects with architects in mind, so the best possible package has been put together. The Scheme is overseen by a Trust representing professionals registered within regional architectural institutes. This allows collective interaction with Insurers on behalf of practices.
Who better to look after your PI requirements than those who are part of the architectural profession and therefore understand the profession better than anyone else ??
To obtain further information and/or a quotation please contact the scheme managers, PIFRS:
OHS CONFERENCE AND EXHIBITION BLOEMFONTEIN
When: 14 November 2014
(Registration starts at 8 AM)
1 Union Avenue
Hosted by the South African Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (SAIOSH)
Tel.: 010-001 7455
Online registration is available until 13 November 2014 at: